HRBBA is following the latest guidance from MDH.
If you are Covid Positive - 5 day quarantine followed by 5 days of masking
Information can be seen here:
MDH Decision Tree - https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/schools/exguide.pdf
MDH Quarantine Guidance -https://www.health.state.mn.us/diseases/coronavirus/index.html
ANYONE with a Covid Positive or an Exposure Situation must contact the HRBBA Covid Team immediately at CovidTaskForce@HRBBABasketball.net.
Hopkins Royals Boys Basketball Association (HRBBA)
1. HRBBA will follow the attached MDH-based Decision Tree to asses player participation in practice and games. Our policies are aligned with MDH guidance with consideration for participation in youth sports activities.
2. HRBBA will constantly monitor the MDH and CDC guidelines and will modify or change our instructions as needed to maintain alignment.
3. HRBBA asks our parents and players to recognize that COMMUNICATION FROM OUR HRBBA COMMUNITY IS CRITICAL to keeping our players and coaches as healthy as possible.
4. Parents must recognize that sending a potentially sick player to practice places the whole team and coach at risk. We ask parents to err on the side of caution.
5. HRBBA HAS CREATED A COVID TASK FORCE to answer your Covid-related questions and to report potential exposure of a player or coach. Please email email@example.com and a member of the COVID TASK FORCE will respond and work with you through your question or situation.
If the player or a member of their household knows or believes they have been exposed to COVID-19 and/or is determined to have a positive test for the virus or is told they have the virus by a Dr., the player’s parent or guardian must immediately communicate this to firstname.lastname@example.org
Season Cancellation or Postponement Policy
Should more than two HRBBA teams be held back from potential exposure, the HRBBA board of directors will have a special meeting to determine if the season should be cancelled or postponed.
Should the State of Minnesota, Hopkins School District and/or Minnesota Youth Athletic Services (MYAS) determine the season to be cancelled or postponed, HRBBA will adhere to those guidelines and communicate accordingly.
Should the season be cancelled, player registration fees will be refunded based on how much of the season has been played and prorated accordingly. However, refunds will be minus any funds that are not refunded to HRBBA including uniform costs, facility deposits, tournament costs, etc.